Warning!!!!

Living life as a fabulous mom, Wonderful wife, and most of the time dedicated employee.Leaves little time to worry about grammar, and spelling!!! I'm Pretty awful at it, sorry ahead of time. I'm just saying!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

And Now A Word From My BFF

  Another snow day equaled another day at home with Landon, but it also meant that Jon worked 27 hours straight! Yuck!!! I HATE nights without him!! Hes home tonight WOOOHOO!

So I have been on my BFF Christina for weeks now, begging her to start blogging. She really has had a lot of life experience, she has been through so much . I  haven't quite got her  here yet but I'm working on it! Christina and her husband Anthony adopted their precious baby boy Malachi in April 2010. I remember our phone call when she told me they had been chosen for a baby, and I remember the day Malachi was born, I know I called Christina a million times that day get the play by play on what was going on. I remember the first time I got to meet Malachi, thinking of what a lucky little guy he was to have Christina and Anthony as parents.

So without futher adue, I proudly introduce Christina and her beautiful family!!!!



No, your name is not “No.”
Thanks Heather for asking me to write for your blog! Although I am not a blogger, I love to read them and often talk about starting my own... but it just seems so complicated. So now I get to blog for a day without all the complications!
Like Heather, I am a “kinda” new mom! My son Malachi was born on April 7th, 2010. He just started crawling last week and so that means our house has changed A LOT! I must be honest and say until then, I was kind of thinking oh, I have this mom thing down! I mean, it has not be an easy job... but we had our schedule down and were into a great groove. Who knew that a little thing like crawling would shake up my world so much! (I guess all you mom's who have done it before knew:)
In the last week, I would venture to say that I have said the word “no” more than a thousand times. This leaves me feeling like that is all that I have to say to him. I know he is frustrated because of all the head throws back and then the crying begins... and then I am frustrated because I am wondering what it is I should have said. Do I move the dog bowl? Is he just not allowed in the kitchen? Do I take all breakables down? Or, Do I tell him no?
The reality is that the dogs have to eat... so we need the dog bowls. And, I wish it were only the kitchen I was telling him no in, but it is the entire house. Unfortunately, no is an important part of life that we all have to learn. In all of our lives we all have to deal with “no.” That means, as hard as it is... I need to teach Malachi “no.” So, I have not figured it all out about the ins and outs of what to do, but I wrote Malachi a note and also read it to him while I was watching him play and recorded it on the flip for him to hear one day down the road. Here is the note:

Dear Malachi,
I can not believe you are 9 months old! It really does seem like just yesterday that you came home!
You know, I didn't even think I wanted to be a mom. It was always a “whatever” thing. Until you, I was not sure that kids were for me. I think the thing was, I was meant to be your mom, not just a mom. I was being prepared to raise you, scary I know!
This week I have had to start telling you “no.” Not to knock the picture frame over, stop trying to pull the dogs hair, do not pull the buttons on my shirt... you get the point.
I started thinking about all the times I would have to tell you no in the future. You are going to be so mad at me! I am sure that you will say things you don't mean, and I know I will not always be wise with my words either. So, in those moments, this is what I want you to know...
I love you enough to tell you “no.” God has blessed your dad and me with the gift of you and for that I am so grateful. I want to honor that gift by raising you in a way that honor's Him! I want you to love God and love people. I want you to understand what it means to serve others and not just yourself. I want you to know boundaries and guardrails and that they are there for your protection, not to hinder you! I want you to know how very much I love you!

Love, Mom





Thanks again Heather for allowing me to be a guest on your page!
Christina :)

      

3 comments:

  1. My first visit to your blog and enjoyed your guest post! I can remember when my kids got mobile how there were so many things I had to move and hide for safety reasons...I found that it was easier to make changes temporarily to make our environment one that they could move freely in without too many restrictions. That way you aren't saying no all the time. :) http://hungrigyrl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwh, I love the letter to Malachi! What a nice reminder that as Parents is really is our Job to say no--out of LOVE for our children. Christina, I hope you do begin to blog--you have a way with words chica!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your wonderful comment!