Oh my!? Have I ? My initial answer was no. I don't have any major college degrees, I don't live in a huge house, we are FAR from financially stable. What have I done to make difference in this world? I thought NO. I wanted so much more for my life.
BUT wait...................... I was thinking all wrong, I have sooooo much to be thankful for and sooooooooooo much has happened in the last 10 years of my life. Some really amazing things, and some sad life changing things. God has blessed us in so many ways. This was the reality check I needed, Yeap life has been pretty good!
The Last ten years
- I survived Y2K. I didn't stock pile cans or bury money in the back yard!
- I got engaged to the man of my dreams! <3
- I watched as terrorist tried to break The United states on 9/11, I remember that day like it was yesterday.
- Hit the BIG milestone known as 21! PARTY!!!
- I graduated college!
- I survived the scare that was known as SARS, and the swine flu! OINK, OINK!!
- I watch countless hours on T.V of the war in Iraq (war on terror)
- I Got my first non student job!
- I bought a condo!
- I married the man of my dreams! <3
- We bought our first house together!
- Went On a trip to Cancun Mexico! FUN TIMES!!!
- Watched as fellow Americans lost there homes, families and there lives, to a hurricane named Katrina.
- Watched gas price soar to 4 dollars a gallon. (REALLY?)
- Became an aunt to 2 beautiful girls.
- Lost one of my best friends, My Grandfather, after watching him fight for 45 long days.
- Rededicated my life to God!
- Reunited with old friends! now our best friends
- Found a church home!
- Celebrated 5 years of marriage! <3
- Went on a Eastern Caribbean cruise.
- The economy took a plunge that we are still working our way out off.
- Found out that I was going to be a mommy, only to find out days later that God had bigger plans for that precious angel.
- America elected its first African America president!
- Became a mommy to a perfect baby boy! Love at first sight!
- Watched as the BP oil spill unfolded .
- Turned 30!!!
Whew........... looking back, the last 10 years have been quite a ride. My twenties were a time of growth and transition. Knowing now that God has already written my story, gives me hope that life can only get better. I'm ready for the ups and downs, I'm ready to grow stronger in my faith, I'm ready to grow with my husband and son. I'm so glad Jon asked me, Yes I am happy with were I am. I'm were I'm supposed to be.
P.S. Its going to snow tonight!!!!!!! Crossing my fingers that its 10 ft deep and I can stay home and play with Landon all day!!!!