Warning!!!!

Living life as a fabulous mom, Wonderful wife, and most of the time dedicated employee.Leaves little time to worry about grammar, and spelling!!! I'm Pretty awful at it, sorry ahead of time. I'm just saying!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Landon! A Birth story!

Once Upon a Time.......................


One year ago today to be exact. Life changed, my heart grew 1,000,000,000 times bigger, emotions that I didn't know even existed came over me!! It was by far the best day Of mine and Jon's life!!!

At 4:00 am the alarm clock went off, I honestly don't think neither Jon or I slept a wink that night, the excitement was too much. We popped right  out of bed!!! We were Hours away from meeting our baby boy!!! We gathered our bags and off we went!!! It seems we were the only ones on the road, the whole city was  still asleep, expect for the people we loved who were joining us at the hospital! (My parents, Jon's parents, Christina and Anthony and Jon's grandmother) We checked in with 10 minutes to spare, I was so nervous and so excited.

My labor had to be induced, I had what was called polyhydramnios, which meant that I had to much amniotic fluid. I had twice the amount of amniotic fluid then the norm. I called it Landon's Olympic sized swimming pool. I believe he used every square inch of it, he was a wiggly, kicking little booger, he definitely let me know he was boss!! I didn't really realize just how big I was until looking at myself in pictures!  I was HUGE YIKES!!!!! Landon's Heart had to be monitored  twice a week the last few weeks of the pregnancy, just to be sure there were no heart issues with all the pressure from the extra fluid. Thank Goodness little man was just fine. Just a little .........well a lot of discomfort for me, but worth every minute.
November 22nd the night before! I told you I was huge!

I was brought back and settled in and the Pitocin was started. It all happened so fast!!! The labor process had begun, I couldn't believe that we were finally going to meet Landon. I had great nurses, they eased my fears and made me feel right at home. My room was some what of a party for the majority of the morning, My Best friend Christina had our flip and interviewed every visitor, She asked them what time they thought Landon would be born, his weight was going to be and asked them to give Landon a spacial message! She also took pictures of everything, I mean everything the clock, the parking lot, everything!!what great memories she recorded for us!


My contractions started about an hour after I was given the Pitocin. The pain was tolerable for awhile. The nurses checked on me about every our or so and told me to let them know when the pain got unbearable.   My thoughts for the longest time were, I have nothing to compare this pain to,  I'm not sure how much worse it can get.  I tried to be tuff for as long as I could! It was all so slow go at first, I was only dilated 2 cm when I got to the hospital,  At noon I was 5 cm,  that is when they decide it was time to break my water, that was a crazy feeling, I was literally able to watch my belly deflate, because of all the extra fluid.. After my water was broken the pain got a bit worse,  I decide that I wasn't going to be a tuff girl any more, it was time for the epidural. I remember the feeling of the medicine going down my spin, and a few minutes later I was feeling no pain. WOOOHOOOO  I got this!!!! Time seemed to fly but I  progressed so slowly.  Until..... 8:30 PM I was at 8 cm and at 9:00 it was time to push, Landon was ready to make his appearance. With my sweet Husband by my side!

Jon was absolutely amazing during the whole labor process, He was my knight in shining armor! He remained so clam and so level headed. He sat by my side the entire time,He made sure I was comfortable, he made sure I was taken care of. He dealt with me and my emotional roller coaster, an if for a second he thought that something wasn't right with me, he had the nurse in the room! He was perfect, he was so excited he was going to be a dad!!

I started pushing at 9 pm, Jon on one side and the nurse on the other, the fun began. I can remember every single minute of this last phase of birth. I had been given my last shot of the epidural only minutes before I began pushing, So I could only feel pressure and relied on Jon and the nurse to tell when I was in the peak of the contraction. The only thing I could feel was my face, I thought from all the pushing my face was going to explode! I did do a really funny thing right in the middle of all of this crazy action, I actually feel asleep in between contractions, I remember hearing, is she snoring? I quickly woke up, WHAT snoring??? No way, I couldn't have just fallen asleep during labor, I guess I did and gave everyone a great laugh! I was so exhausted form the day that I was begging to feel like I wasn't going to be able to do it, pushing was getting so hard. I started to pray in between contractions, God please let this be the last, please God let this baby be perfect! 16 hours and 42 minutes.

Landon Cole finally showed his perfect face at 9:42 PM. Dear God, thank you so much for this perfect baby boy! He was a Wooping 9 pounds .2 oz and was 21.75 inches long. Life changed Instantly!


That was 1 year ago. 1 year ago, God gave us the most prefect gift ever! I cant believe how fast this year has flown by. Landon has brought us so much joy, so much love, and so many laughs. I Cant believe he is 1 today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Landon Cole!! Your dad and I love you more then words can express!!!

3 comments:

  1. I forgot how big you were! So funny to see that picture a year later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Landon! Thanks so much for sharing your story! Landon was a beautiful baby, and makes a very handsome 1 year old :)

    Thanks for following my blog, I'm following yours now too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your wonderful comment!